I’m getting to this late today. I made the tour through soccer and volleyball practice and had some other stuff to take care of . Here were a couple of highlights, some of which were covered at the coaches show or elsewhere:
– The coaches are encouraging Brelan Chancellor to take advantage of his skills and make plays while returning punts (I’ll have more in the paper tomorrow).
– Tight end Marcus Smith is out for the year with a torn ACL, the same one he tore in high school.
– Brandon McCoy could return this week.
– Andrew Powers played six plays against Troy before going down with an injury
– Jeremy Phillips played 34 snaps against Troy and helped a lot
– Freddie Warner is sore and has had a little bit of a setback in his rehab from an ACL tear
– Reggie Pegram continues to impress with the scout team while sitting out
– Mac said that going 2-for-14 on third down was a killer