UNT had its press conference a day early so that some athletic department officials could make it to Kansas for the Preseason NIT.
Here are the highlights:
– The zinger of the day is that Antoinne Jimmerson is very doubtful for UNT’s game against ULM on Saturday due to a shoulder injury. The redshirt freshman running back could end up having to have surgery.
– McCarney talked a little bit about his secondary and said that UNT just does not have enough players it trusts to go to the nickel or the dime. That could be a problem this week against ULM, which has one of the best offenses in the Sun Belt and can throw the ball.
– Todd Berry said on the Sun Belt call that quarterback Kolton Browning could be ready to go against UNT this week. I would be shocked if he plays, but ULM has struggled without him. You never know.
– Zach Orr talked a little bit about playing a bunch of former teammates from DeSoto, including R.J. Young and Vincent Eddie.
– McCarney talked about ULM having some quality Texas players who are juniors and seniors that he would like to have right now. Those guys signed with ULM before McCarney arrived.