Here are some quick-hitters from Dan McCarney’s press conference:
I hit the highlights when it came to Dan McCarney’s press conference earlier today. Here are some additional notes and thoughts.
McCarney hit on a couple of additional topics of interest. First off, I asked about play-calling and McCarney acknowledged that UNT needs to become less predictable. Brandin Byrd and Reggie Pegram said that UNT’s running backs need to come up with more explosive plays. McCarney said that UNT didn’t make enough defenders miss in the running game
UNT’s defense early in games is also a concern. McCarney said he likes to defer when he wins the coin flip, but he might have to consider taking the ball after UNT gave up early scores in both of its first two games.
McCarney also said that UNT needs to get its tight ends more involved in the passing game. UNT does not have a completion to a tight end in its first two games.
Check back. I will add a video to this blog in the next few minutes.
McCarney quick hitters:
– Kenny Buyers will start at cornerback in place of Zac Whitfield against Ball State.
– Tight end Chris Loving is not ready to play and will redshirt.
– Defensive end Daryl Mason will be back this week.
– UNT’s game at Georgia will start at 11:30-ish and will be on TV.
– Zach Paul will handle PATs and short field goals. Zach Olen will handle luckless and long field goals.
Check back for more.