There were a few items of interest to come out of Dan McCarney’s press conference today. Here are the highlights:
– Deep snapper Blake Dunham is out for the year with a Lisfranc fracture in his foot. Tony Johnson took over last week and will handle the job the rest of the year. McCarney said he played well.
– UNT should have everyone else who played in last week’s win over Ball State available this week against Georgia.
– And speaking of Georgia, UNT will pull out all the stops to try to win its annual “Money,” “Body Bag” or “Opportunity” game depending on your point of view. I knew what McCarney would say when I asked how he would handle the game, but you can’t quote a guy saying what you know he will say unless you ask him a question so that he can go ahead and say it.
– Derek Thompson was named the Conference USA Player of the Week and continues to stick it to his critics who wanted him benched for one of two guys who have never played significant time on the college level in Dajon Williams or Brock Berglund.
– McCarney mentioned that the staff at Florida made a big push to try and get Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray to sign with the Gators when he was in high school. He has a lot of respect for Georgia’s starting quarterback.