I’m about to jump on a plane back to Dallas, but before I do, here are a couple of leftovers:
– Reggie Pegram’s status for Thursday’s game against Rice was up in the air last night. Pegram injured his knee late in the game. Dan McCarney said that the injury is one UNT will have to take a closer look at over the next few days to see how Pegram responds to treatment. Pegram finished with 74 yards and two touchdowns last night.
– Carlos Harris had one of his better games of his career at UNT. Harris caught seven passes for 87 yards.
– I did mention this in the paper, but Derek Thompson threw for 300 yards and a couple of touchdowns.
– Andrew McNulty finished out the game in relief of Thompson. I know people were hoping to see Brock Berglund. For what it’s worth, I expect Dajon Williams getting every opportunity to win the job in the spring and early in the fall. If I had to put a pecking order for next year out there now, this would be it – 1. Williams, 2. McNulty, 3. Berglund.
– Aaron Bellazin had two sacks, forced two fumbles and had a quarterback hurry.