Dan McCarney’s press conference was this morning, as always.
Turns out the sun did in fact come up after UNT lost to UTSA. Here are a few tidbits of note:
– Dan McCarney and UNT officials are still convinced that they are headed to a bowl game somewhere. It looks more and more like it will be the Heart of Dallas Bowl. C-USA commissioner and Heart of Dallas founder Britton Banowsky was at UNT’s last game.
– McCarney always names a special teams captain each week. This week it’s Zed Evans, which isn’t all that interesting. It’s what McCarney said about Evans that was newsworthy. He mentioned that while Evans hasn’t played a lot at safety this year, he will next season. It sounds more and more like he will replace Marcus Trice in the lineup.
– UNT will have deep snapper Blake Dunham available for its TBD bowl game against TBD.
– Safety Freddie Warner is getting closer to coming back. He could be back for UNT’s game against Tulsa. If not that game, he will be back for UNT’s TBD bowl game against TBD.
– UNT should be pretty healthy coming into its regular season finale.