Here are a few quick items of interest from today’s Dan McCarney press conference in advance of spring drills:
– UNT is in the final stages of finalizing Dan McCarney’s contract — and yes we have been saying that for weeks now.
– UNT has just short of 700 season ticket accounts in place for next year. The school had a little more than 100 at this time last year. Accounts essentially represent a buyer from what I understand. One account could equate to one ticket or five.
– There were more than 300 applicants for UNT’s assistant coaching jobs in the secondary.
– Both Noah Joseph and Ryan Walters received a six-figure raise when they left for Indiana and Memphis, respectively, McCarney said.
– Running back Reggie Pegram is on track to return from a torn ACL, but is out for the spring.
– Running back Rex Rollins will be on a no-contact jersey all spring
– Tight end Chris Loving is out following hand surgery
– Cornerback James Jones is out after having problems with his intestines that required surgery
– Andrew Tucker will move from safety to running back
– Former Guyer standout John Schilleci will move from safety to cornerback
– McCarney said to keep an eye on redshirt freshman defensive lineman Sid Moore during spring drills.
– The quarterback race is wide open and will include four suspects (that McCarney mentioned): Andrew McNulty, Dajon Williams, Josh Greer and Connor Means
As far as the overall theme, McCarney talked a lot about the challenge UNT faces this year of proving that last season wasn’t a flash in the pan and that the school now has a program in place.
Check back for more.